The following resources are opportunities and events for residents wanting to help the environment and volunteer their efforts:
- A Rain Garden "How To" Manual for Homeowners - This manual provides basic information about rain garden planning, planting and maintenance.
- Curbside Recycling - See our page for information on curbside recycling in the City of Lafayette.
- Indiana Wildlife Federation - This federation promotes the conservation, sound management, and sustainable use of Indiana's wildlife and wildlife habitat through education, advocacy, and action.
- LEED Certification and Certified Construction - This is information for those considering building an environmentally strong, LEED certified project.
- My Environment - This EPA sponsored GIS tool provides local environmental information. Just type in your zip code.
- Recycling Guide for Hazardous Materials (PDF) - Check out this guide to recycling within the City of Lafayette.
- Tippecanoe County Partnership for Water Quality (TCPWQ) - The organization seeks to partner with local, state, federal government and other stakeholders to provide quality of life and protection of health, environment, and economy that our citizens desire and deserve as we serve as stewards of natural resources, system infrastructure, and public funds while solving stormwater and water quality issues.
- Tippecanoe County Soil and Water Conservation District -The Tippecanoe County Soil and Water Conservation District is committed to provide quality technical, educational, and informational resources for the community through leadership, service, and citizen involvement to foster natural resource conservation and environmental stewardship.
- Wabash River Enhancement Corporation - Find information about the Wabash River and local volunteer improvement efforts.
- Wood Chips - Free wood chips for mulch are available to residents at various times. Click here for more information.