McAllister Recreation Center programming updates:
*In response to developments regarding COVID-19, out of the health and safety of our children, staff, and community, we feel that it is the best decision at this time to cancel our Youth Flag Football league. We look forward to hosting Youth Flag Football league again in 2021.
As far as other programs, we will be closely monitoring the COVID-19 pandemic and make a decision as we get closer to scheduled start dates. We thank you for your patience during these unprecedented times and we will share additional updates as soon as they become available*
This exciting program is offered for boys and girls ages 6 - 11. This program runs twice per year during the spring and fall.
Winter 2021 Session
- Registration Begins: November 4, 2020
- Registration Deadline: January 4, 2021
- Practice Begins: Week of January 4
- Games: Saturdays from January 16 - March 13 (no games February 13)
- Fee: $50 per child
Fall 2020 Session
- Registration: September 8th, 2020
- Registration Deadline: October 2nd or until full
- Practice Begins: Week of October 5th
- Games: Saturday's from October 17th - December 12th (No games Nov. 28th)
- Fee: $50 per child
Are you ready for some flag football? This recreation league is to learn the basics of the sport of football in a fun, safe, and friendly environment. This is a Co-Ed for boys and girls ages 6 - 9. The program is held at McAllister Recreation Center/Edgelea Elementary School.
- Registration Begins: August 3rd
- Registration Deadline: September 10th
- Coaches Meeting: Wednesday, September 2nd
- First Practice: Thursday, September 10th
- Practices: Sundays 1 hour before scheduled game times
- League Play: Every Sunday from September 13th - October 18th
- Cost: $40 per child
Summer and Fall Tennis
Get your racquets ready because Lafayette Parks and Recreation and the Greater Lafayette Tennis Association offer tennis classes for children at various department tennis courts during the spring, summer, and fall.
For more information, click here to visit the GLTA website, or contact Gerald Harrison at (765) 463-2740. Registration is limited.